by Akumbu Uche
So, I have just watched the new James Bond movie, starring Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Berenice Marlohe and Albert Finney and let me just say it is a great movie. I loved it so much that I put together a little something to persuade everyone to go see it ASAP.
- Bond’s body: even when he’s unfit, he’s still in great shape
- Car chases, motorcycle races, rooftop leaps, train dodging, drowning, explosions, oh my! Nobody does Bourne like Bond
- What other movie has an eponymous theme song specially written and performed by Adele?
- Locations, locations: The beauty of London, Shanghai, Macau, Turkey and the Scottish countryside, like you’ve never seen it
- Steamy shower scenes (even though someone forgot to budget for soap and sponges)
- Shark and jellyfish tanks are so old school; nothing says danger like a Komodo dragon pit
- Characters that analyze art and quote poetry – in case you’re wondering, it is a Sam Mendes film
- Because the best hairstylists work for Her Majesty’s Secret Service
- Parkour and mixed martial arts sequences are on the way out; yoga asanas are in
- Witty, charming, fast thinking and a great shot too – Naomie Harris is not just the best Bond girl ever, she should be the next 007
- Berenice Marlohe: gotta respect anybody who can walk on rocks in five-inch heels while handcuffed
- Cool Britannia
- There’s a reason why this movie is called Skyfall – the best scenes happen after sunset
- Lots of wisecracks, LOL
- Bond’s body again. Did I mention that the villain couldn’t keep his hands to himself?
Photo courtesy Google Images